Friday, November 10, 2023

CROSSOVER MADNESS

Since I ventured into POPEYE criossovers in my last post, I may as well note that I'm aware of one "super-villain team-up" in the sixties POPEYE TV cartoons executed by King Features. In "Private Eye Popeye" (a title already used for one of the Paramount theatrical shorts). Brutus, a creation of the King animators, teams up with The Sea Hag, a product of the comic strip.



They also appear, though not as a team, as participants in a scheme to get Popeye to show up on a "This is Your Life" program in the episode "Strange Things Are Happening."




In my previous post I mentioned that I wasn't sure if Popeye in the comic books ever crossed over with the separate E.C. Segar creation O.G. Wotaschnozzle, a mad professor. But "Strange Things" also uses a scientist by that name, even though he's terribly off-model, not even having his distinguishing oversized schnozzola.





No comments:

Post a Comment