Wednesday, January 23, 2019

MONSTER MASHUPS #35

It occurred to me that the term "monster mash" received its biggest boost from Bobby Pickett's 1962 hit song of the same title. I don't know that Pickett ever attempted to do a real music video for the song at any time, but the closest approximation I could find is at this Youtube address, which mixes in a lot of other monsters in addition to the "classics." There's also one derived from the "Groovy Ghoulies" TV-cartoon, but I can hardly bear to look at that one.

Much better is the 1983 Sheena Easton music video for her song "Telefone," in which the singer encounters scrupulously made-up versions of the classic Dracula, the Monster, the Hunchback, a "crawling hand," and the much bigger hand of King Kong. Unfortunately Google Images gives me only shots of Easton and not her menagerie of creatures.




No comments:

Post a Comment